The Soundtrack to your Summer
The summer of 2018 has been so amazing weather wise. We have had week after week of glorious summer weather. Summer to me means getting to spend more time with friends and family outdoors. Days spend languidly lazing on the beach, playing frisbee in the park or having everyone round for an almighty barbeque.
It also means festivals and outdoor music! Ever since watching 500 days of Summer I have lived my life as though there is always background music playing. I have a soundtrack for each season. I have always been really passionate about music and the soundtrack that I curate.
Some of these songs you might never have heard of but I know you will LOVE them so I invite you to fire up the BBQ, pour yourself a beer, put on your sunnies and dance the night away. I’m so lucky that myself and Mr Lavin have the same taste in music, in fact it was one of the reasons we fell so deeply in love with each other and he has been instrumental in helping me choose the best soundtrack for your summer. So click here to listen to the soundtrack of my Summer on Spotify.
- A House In The Trees – Summertime
- Bouts – Face Up
- ODESZA – Late Night
- Battles – Atlas
- Passion Pit – Sleepyhead
- Sir Sly – &Run
- Violent Femmes – Blister in the Sun
- Bon Iver – 33 “GOD”
- Glass Animals – Gooey
- Hall & Oates – Out of Touch
- Florence & the Machine – Hunger
- Yeasayer – O.N.E.
- Vampire Weekend – Oxford Comma
- The Strokes – Someday
- Caribou – Can’t Do Without You
- Dan Croll – From Nowhere
- Depeche Mode – Just Can’t Get Enough
- Cut Copy – Lights & Music
- Foals – Miami
- Young Fathers – Toy
- Vampire Weekend – A-Punk
- Hot Chip – Ready For The Floor
- Phoenix – If I ever feel better
- Animal Collective – My Girls
- The Drums – Lets go surfing
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Heads Will Roll
- Justice vs Simian – We Are Your Friends
- Kings of Leon – The Bucket
- Modest Mouse – Dashboard
- Ian Brown – F.E.A.R.
- Santigold – Disparate Youth
- Miike Snow – Black & Blue
- Sam Sparro – Black & Gold
- Hot Chip – Over & Over
I know, I know you are probably thinking two things. I don’t know half of these and where is Beyonce! Trust me if there is one thing I know better than good wine it is good music and I don’t want to bring you a standard top 40 playlist. I want to showcase bands and artists to you that you might not have listened to before but will become guaranteed favourites on your own playlists.
So open up that bottle of beer, sit back and enjoy!
I would love to hear your opinions after you have listened.
If you liked this you might like:
Until next time you crazy kids!